Kai and I connected through an awesome mutual friend, Mary Lou Kayser (awesome person btw and I will definitely have her on the podcast!
I’m so grateful when people connect with other people they know! You just never know where that connection may lead (for both parties!) – Kai was no exception.
Kai used to work as a director of marketing for a large construction company in Oregon. He managed requests for their proposals and large bids for projects. From there became a front end word press developer, working as an independent consultant by helping people build their websites and solve their marketing problems. He then realized he wanted to help his clients work on a higher value problem that they wanted to solve, such as getting more traffic and help them build relationships online.
Questions I Asked:
- Why is there consistently a progression to higher end consultations for front end developers?
- What challenges did Kai go through when he began his business?
- What common mistakes do people make with their websites?
- What is Kai’s “Website X-Ray?”
- How does someone drive traffic to their website?
- Where does social media sit in relation to SEO?
- What are some important steps to take to get a better result with link building?
Things You’ll Learn:
- How important it is for consultants to always be looking forward to a new area to drive or deliver value in.
- How to give your client not only what they want, but also what they need.
- There’s a difference between just being a tool to a client and helping them achieve what they need.
- Why working it’s important to just be the working help, but the partner on a project.
- What the best approach to SEO is.
- The importance of connecting on site and off site optimization.
[tweet_box]“There’s a difference between asking say, an architect, for a really nice hammer, and asking the architect to help you build the house of your dreams…”
Where to Connect with Kai
Other Episodes You Might Enjoy